A festival exploring how analogue photographic, film and sound-based processes interact with digital technologies.
When: Friday 6 Oct - Sunday 8 Oct 2017
Where: Ugly Duck, 47-49 Tanner Street, London, SE1 3PL
Curated by: Melanie King and Diego Valente of the London Alternative Photography Collective.
Analogue Music event curated by: LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER
The London Alternative Photography Collective presents "Making It Real" an festival showcasing artists who are working at the intersection of analogue and digital technologies. This exhibition explores the combined creative possibilities when analogue technologies and digital technologies are used together.
This exhibition considers the following questions:
- How do analogue processes help us to understand their digital counterparts?
- How can digital processes be made to seem more tangible using analogue technologies?
- How is our understanding of "reality" influenced by the use of analogue and digital techniques?
- How can traditional analogue photography, film and sound making techniques be creatively disrupted to create unique artworks and productions?
- How can digital processes be enhanced by analogue input?
Andrew Graves Johnston
Caroline Jane Harris
E Gabriel Edvy
Theodore Grubaudi/ Allessandra